Effective September 10 2016
A. About Us:
Capitalized terms not defined in this Policy shall have the meanings given to such terms in the Terms of Service. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Information We Collect.
(a) Personal Data. Personal Data is collected from you when you create a Profile with us or when you otherwise disclose Personal Data to us or third parties when using the Services. “Personal Data” means any information that may be used to identify an individual. To create a Profile with us, you may be asked to provide us the following Personal Data: your full name, city, state, age range, email address, Profile password, telephone number, payment method information (credit card, debit card, et cetera), billing address, and information relating to your relocation.
(b) Location Data. We and third parties with whom we may partner may collect Location Data with respect to you. If you use the Services, then you are providing consent to collect Location Data such as the physical location of your Device which will be used to provide you with certain features of the Services. This Location Data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you. Location Data is aggregated with data from Devices of other Users to enhance the quality of Content Users provide to us and to enhance the quality of the Services we provide to you. We may also share your Location data with third parties. Location Data is shared anonymously in a form that would not personally identify you.
(c) Use Data. When you send or receive Content using our Services, we collect data about that Content.
(d) Log Information. When you browse our Services, you do so anonymously, unless you have previously created a Profile with us. However, we may log your IP address to give us an idea of which part of our Services you visit and how long you spend there. However, we do not link your IP address to any Personal Data unless you have logged into our Services. Also, our Services may use a standard technology called a ‘cookie’ to collect information about how you interact with our Services. Please see “Cookies” below for more information.
(e) Device Information. We may collect data about the computer or Device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier (‘UDI’), phone number, and mobile carrier information.
2. How We Use It. We use, allow access to, transfer, or disclose your Personal Data to third parties with whom we partner in order to:
(a) enable us to provide the Services to you;
(b) notify you regarding Services, your Profile, your Subscription, or fees;
(c) increase the usability of the Services;
(d) provide information about promotional offers;
(e) allow you participate in promotional offers;
(f) investigate objectionable use of the Services;
(g) respond to requests for assistance from our customer support team; and
(h) generate revenue by selling Personal Data and Content;
(i) analyze trends and use of our Services; and
(j) carry on our business, as determined by us.
3. Who We Share It With.
(a) We will use or disclose Personal Data to the extent necessary, in our sole discretion, to provide Services to you.
(b) We may disclose Personal Data to the extent required by law or by court order.
(c) We may disclose Personal Data to protect our rights and property, to prevent fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices of Users or third parties, or to prevent harm to others.
(d) We may transfer Personal Data if we are acquired by or merged with another company, or if our assets are sold to another company. In all of these circumstances, you understand and agree that our Terms and Conditions of Use and this Policy will be assigned and delegated to the other company.
(e) Personal Data or other information may be shared with our agents, vendors, contractors, and other affiliates to perform services for us or in connection with our business.
4. Who You May Choose to Share Your Information.
(a) Any information, Personal Data, or Content that you voluntarily disclose for Posting to the Services becomes available to other Users and/or the public. Once you have Posted Content or made it public, that Content may be re-shared by others.
(b) The Services may allow you to use the App or a third party application on your Device invite other Users and/or third parties to view your Location Data on the Services or a Linked Site. If you use such functionality of the Services, then you should use caution when determining to whom you want to make your Location Data available. If you choose to Post an invitation to view your Location Data on third party Social Media Accounts, then, depending on the privacy settings of your Social Media Accounts, it is possible that persons in addition to those to whom you intended to invite to view your Location Data could have access to such information. Accordingly, you should use caution when making such an invitation via third party Social Media Accounts and you should carefully review the privacy practices of such Social Media Accounts.
(c) Any Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to use by others and we are not responsible for how others may use it.
(d) If you remove information, Personal Data, or Content that you Post to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other Users or third parties copied or saved that information.
5. Security of Your Personal Information. We exercise care and prudence in protecting the security of Personal Data provided to us. However, you have a significant role in Profile security. Someone may see or edit your Personal Data if that person gains access to your userID and password, so do not share these with others. WE TAKE THESE PRECAUTIONS IN AN EFFORT TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION AGAINST SECURITY BREACHES. HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT SUCH INFORMATION MAY NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED, OR DESTROYED BY BREACH OF SUCH FIREWALLS AND SECURE SERVER SOFTWARE. BY USING THE WEBSITE/APP, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ASSUME THESE RISKS.
6. Your Profile. Users may review and update Personal Data by logging into their Profile. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as password and userID, before granting access to any Personal Data. If your Profile is terminated by you or us, we will remove your name and other Personal Data from our publicly viewable database. If you close your Profile, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your Profile information without liability. However, we may retain Content related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, including but not limited to Profile recovery, auditing our records, generating revenue, and/or enforcing our rights under our Polices and applicable law. We may also retain and use your Content to provide Services to other Users. We disclaim any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms of this Policy) of Content or any obligation not to delete the Content.
8. Compliance with the Children’s Online Policy Protection Act. Protecting the privacy young people is especially important. For that reason, we do not seek to collect Personal Data or other information through the Services from those we actually know are under thirteen (13), and no part of the Services are structured to attract anyone under thirteen (13). We expressly disclaim, and you expressly release us from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries, harm, loss, penalties, damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any misrepresentations regarding the age of any User. We reserve the right to suspend and/or terminate with or without notice the Profile of User who we believe has provided false information when registering for and/or using the Services and each User agrees to make no further use of the Services after termination and/or during suspension.
9. Linked Sites; Third Party Data. The Services and/or third parties may provide links to Linked Sites and Third Party Data. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by Linked Sites, nor are we responsible for the information or materials Third Party Data contains. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the Services; thus when you use a link to go from the Services to a Linked Site, this Policy is no longer in effect. We encourage Users to read the privacy policies of Linked Sites before proceeding to use them.
10. Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control. We may engage third parties to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include but are not limited to scheduling, hosting, data storage, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from User lists, analyzing Content, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid ads and links), processing payments, and providing customer service. We will provide such entities with access to certain information needed to perform their functions, but will take measures to ensure that they may not use it for other purposes.
11. Changes to our Policy; Miscellaneous. We reserve the right to change this Policy, our Terms of Service, and our other Polices at any time. We will notify you about changes to this Policy by placing the updated Policy on the Services. You agree that your use of the Services after such notification will constitute acceptance by you of such changes to our Policy. This Policy is and any disputes in connection with this Policy are subject to our Terms of Service and our other Policies which are each hereby incorporated herein by reference. In the event of any conflict between the provisions of this Policy and our Terms of Service, our Terms of Service shall control.
12. Questions or Comments Regarding this Policy. We value your comments and opinions. If you have questions, comments or a complaint about compliance with this Policy, you may send a written notice to us at: email@example.com